Sunday, April 18, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

It is still Saturday in Reno NV where I am and even earlier in Honolulu.


Finishing this quilted journal cover was supposed to be my Friday Night Sew In project.

The fates were having none of it.


After all I only had to sew on 2 bindings. The butterfly blocks are an old UFO and I had the rest of the journal cover completed before I departed Australia. I did the binding on one edge at 6am Saturday morning and it seemed that was all I had for FNSin.
But wait modern technology found me some time.

I finished binding the top edge while having a SKYPE chat with DH in OZ. He doesn't like the video (neither does the computer) so as he was having Sunday morning coffee and I was having Saturday afternoon tea. We chatted about mundane matters and viola!!

A completed journal cover and a finished UFO
I am so happy to have a posting for FNSin.

Hope you all had fun Terry



7 comments:

Jane said...

They are both beautiful, love the journal cover

kaiteM said...

you are so funny Ter, not only can you stitch while on an exercsie bike but now you can stitch while Skypeing as well. where else?? hmmm...fess up... |<.

Nat Palaskas said...

That's cool Terry. I love log cabin and butterfly. Hand quilting added a charm. Good job on getting something posted for Friday Night Sew-in
Hugs
Nat

Sue-Anne said...

Love the Journal Cover, especially the butterfly block.

Anonymous said...

I love your journal cover - that butterfly looks great.

Regards, Sue

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That's great Terry...lovely colours♥x

Valentina said...

I am so impressed! Lovely butterfly.
Terry we are with you!
:)
Valentina in Cyprus, isn't technology amazing!