Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Tuesday Update

The Fence Rail quilt project is one I am sharing with Ria and Natima.

Last month both Nat and Ria posted pictures of their border fabrics. Ria's traditional Dutch fabric and Nat's Japanese fabric from her trip. Both choices reflecting the quilters.


Nat suggested that I should purchase my border in the U.S. while I was there.

Red white and blue seemed the obvious choice. Flag images were too kitch so I choose two fabrics one red and one blue. My quilt is scraps from my stash reduction programme. Lots of stripes and blues in the darker sections.

Last week yielded more scraps so my quilt will grow this month.I'm thinking this might be a new table cloth.

Food for thought?



Have a week of Happy Stitching Terry




5 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

This would make a wonderful new tablecloth!!!

kaiteM said...

a lovely bright tablecloth, and even dropped bits won't be missed! ...k.

Sue-Anne said...

It would make a fantastic tablecloth and I love that red border fabric.

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow that's cool Terry! Love your choice of borders. It will make a great table cloth. International quilt challenge indeed. Pressure is now on me to attach the border on :(. Have a great day - Hugs Nat

Sandra Henderson said...

Very, Very pretty! I love the red, white & blue!!!! It's so pretty. Even though I'm an American, I'd love it anyways, there's just something about that combination of colors. It looks so antique and pretty. I'm all for using quilts as tablecloths!!!! XO