Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilt Camp

Early Morning at Quilt Camp
Hardly seems like it was only a week ago.
The stumpy tail lizard was outside my cabin door. He is about 8"(20cm) long.
More afraid of me then anything else.



Grevillia is the name of this native flower. Each color and size has more to it's name but I'm no expert.




Looking toward the sleeping cabins





Every one's gone to lunch on the second day.

The quilt in the bottom left (sorry about lighting ) is mine. More in a week or so.






View as I look to my left while stitching.
It doesn't get much better than this Australian bush overlooking the Hawksbury River.







I had a great weekend away. Almost completed
a long outstanding quilt top.
Had a wonderful time with other quilters in a truly beaut setting.

Happy Stitch to all this week... Terry







6 comments:

kaiteM said...

hi Terry, good that you found the time to post about QC. lovely to see the coastal flowers and bushland. Where was the QC exactly? what venue? cheers, stay well, kaite

ria vogelzang said...

What beautiful pictures! Enjoy!

Nat Palaskas said...

Blogging's keeping you from feeling sad. Great photos from quilt camp. I love the bush. See you back in a couple of weeks - Hugs Nat

Sandra Henderson said...

So happy to hear from you! I've been thinking of you... saying a prayer for you. Hoping you are remembering the wonderful good times. Yes, blogging is good for you and good for US! :)
We like it when you blog!!! :) MORE!!!! :)
Lovely photos, and can't wait to see your quilt. Just dive into your sewing as much as possible honey. I know it will be like walking with a weight at first, but I promise it will get easier... ONE DAY AT A TIME. This is a hymnal here. Do you know it? It was my granny's favorite. HUGS!!!! XO

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Terry...what a lovely place for a Quilt Camp...Hope everything is going well for you...Dzintra♥x

Anonymous said...

Terry,
What beautiful fauna and wild life to be surrounded with. It only makes a getaway so much more fun. Keep up your stitching,it will heal you in more ways than you know. Hugs to you.

Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie