Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stash Shopping

All the local quilt stores are closed for the Christmas New Year season here in Sydney.  It's summer and taking just a small portion of annual leave coupled with paid holidays gives most families and small businesses a nice break.

What does all this have to do with quilting you ask? It's a quiet time; perfect for prepping a project for the New Year. Ah the dilemma where can I get a jelly roll for the Potato Chip Quilt?


Shop Your Stash

The final result of searching my stash. A couple extra strips than in a standard jelly roll because my stash didn't have enough full WOF pieces. Also I needed to balance the light, medium and dark tones as suggested by Kay in her tutorial for a variation of the basic quilt.

    Thank you all dear friends for sharing 2011*!*!  Wishing you all a Happy New Year.  Terry

6 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great tutorial Terry...I must try it one day!!! Happy New Year to you xoxo

Jane said...

I shall look forward to seeing the results. This is one of those that is on my to do list, one day

Vireya said...

Shopping the stash is a great idea, and makes for a very cheap jelly-roll! I'd like to try one of these when I finish a couple of other projects, and I'll do the same - cut strips from my stash. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out!

kaiteM said...

An excellent New Year to you too Ter, and i've been shopping the stash in the garden by moving large blocks of concrete around for new steps, instead of buying new ones. Saved $100+ this way.

Valentina said...

Happy New Year, my friend! Oh wow, Your fireworks were the best, the boys have been watching them online since they woke up this morning!
I finally got my most wonderful christmas gift yesterday: I LOVE IT! and I love you, my friend!
...'and shopping in your stash' isn't that just the BEST!
hey, and what is this quilt you are referring to... oops! :)
temptation alert! :)

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I hope you will share you finished quilt with me so I can add it to others people have made and I've posted on my blog!
K