Monday, January 9, 2012

Potato Chip Quilt

Potato Chip quilt uses a jelly roll or for those of us attempting stash reduction 40 strips.




I cut these strips from the stash and sorted them into light medium and dark. I was trying to cut from stash to reduce the number of scraps and discovered I don't have purples. What color don,t you have?




An even mix of light.med and dark.



Used this arrangement to make sure all the colors of one value weren't too close to each other. Time will tell





Dagwood sandwich anyone? All the strips piled high suggest a variety of scrumptious food. Tomorrow is Hawksbury Hands quilting so I should have some more pictures of my Chip Quilt (can't make just one) and maybe some others for additional eye candy. Party anyone?


It is HOT here and I can hear the children over the back fence splashing in the pool. Definitely piecing weather with the AC on.   Have a good week  Terry

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yum- Potato Chips, sandwiches, all those lovely fabrics... I think I've got most colours covered in my stash but not a lot of really good yellow. That sound of spashing and children laughing is the wonderful sound of summer! Looking forward to seeing your Potato Chip quilt!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Looking lovely together Terry. I love the yellows in them. Perfect stash for perfect quilt. Will send you some of our cooler weather if you like! Love Nat

Vireya said...

It is fun to see which fabrics you have in common with other people. I recognise at least two of those!

Looking forward to seeing how they all come together.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Terry...thanks for popping in...Potato Chips....sounds yummy and looks nice and colourful...Sounds of summer the children splashing and laughing...perfect!!!