Monday, June 25, 2012

Embracing Change





O.K. my WORD for the year. I am returning to it in an attempt to progress. I am unsettled and feel like life has lost it's rhythm.


In an attempt to regain my rhythm today is Mondays post.


Trip to the Sydney Quilt Show.




The show was Eye Candy but the few photos I took reflect an interest in combinations of ideas/techniques.
I was very remiss and the focus of the tag isn't clear enough to credit the quilter. I can tell you it is #150. Can anyone help?


The story of the quilt is a color wash arrangement of I Spy novelty fabrics. The quilt just reached out and grabbed me. Perhaps because it brought order to chaos without judgement. I love the color as focus of each framed square like a window on Van Gogh, Gaughain and Matisse. 

The more I view this image the more it reaches out. I will not fight with my choices this week. I will 

them.








A study in quiet thought.  The dominate male guarding his pregnant mate during and afternoon rest.


The sense of calm I'm searching for?

Carpe Diem  have a good one   Terry




5 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

I hope you settle back into some rhythm soon. I hate it when I feel like that.

I went to the Sydney Quilt Show for the first time this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, sorry I can't help you out with any of the quilt details.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hi Terry, I just looked up 150 in the catalogue and "Sophie's I Spy" is by Francoise Matter. You've had such a whirlwind year I can understand why you are a bit unsettled. Embrace is such a lovely word and a wonderful way to approach life. Things will settle.

Nat Palaskas said...

Unlike you to be out of sort. Hope the show gave you some insperation and new ideas - you need a good chat...!

kaiteM said...

Moving house, travelling to another world - all supposed to be some of the most stressful events. Breathe in pink, breathe out blue and continue doing it for the whole day. Soon you will be back to calm waters again. love and hugs, k.

ria vogelzang said...

I just love the word EMBRACE.... :)
And I hope you soon have the time to rest!
Love, Ria.