Friday, October 12, 2012

Garmet Assembly

I have decided that I much prefer making quilts. I agreed to make my GD a skirt. She chose the fabric on line which was easier than getting together for shopping. The lime green Dr. Seuss fabric arrived and said GD and I went shopping for a pattern. Did she choose an easy one ? Nah!! but I remember making box pleated uniforms for her mother and aunt so not such a big deal. Right? 

Pause for Photo




 The Lorax skirt is completed and posted Yippee!! It went together fine in the end I think it was just me being out of the mind set for making clothes. 



Remember the shorts they also seemed to take forever.  But all is done and I'm letting the postman deliver the skirt. Awen is looking forward to it arriving and was happy that she got to do all the straight seams on the LIME GREEN part of the skirt. The beginning of o stitcher?

No washing today Yahoo I made a small amount of progress on the laundry bags yesterday. To the left 4 laundry bags cut out ready for assembly line stitching. Top right the scraps from the labels.


A BATCH of labels.




 My first experiment with wonky blocks





so i played around with the blocks just for the fun of it. I might make some more just to experiment with something new. But these are for labels. Right ? no straying!!

Happy Weekend ours is forecast to be wet and wild.  Terry

5 comments:

Judy said...

I'm with you on preferring sewing quilts to clothes. Nice skirt and fun fabric!

Nat Palaskas said...

Good on you gramma. The skirt and shorts look great. Well done - have a great weekend - hugs Nat

kaiteM said...

Your handmade clothes look fabulous, it's just a mental hurdle cause you really are good at it. I didn't know about the laundry bags, sounds a very useful idea, something else for our lads and lassies OS to help them stay connected.
Enjoy your weekend, it might be easing now.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love the skirt Terry...it's gorgeous! There was a 9m swell somewhere in the area here!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Clothes sewing is so different from quilt sewing. The little skirt turned out so well!! Your laundry labels look great too. The weather certainly has been wild !