Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday is Laundry BAG day

Laundry  well it's Monday and I had a post all planned out in my head  As You Do  THEN I came across this site.

http://aussieheroquilts.blogspot.com.au/p/laundry-bag-gallery.html

Please take a minute to visit and if you or a couple of you have time

MAKE A LAUNDRY BAG   It's Christmas soon and what could be nicer than a gift from HOME when your in Afghanistan in freezing temperatures serving your country as an Aussie Hero.

I couldn't get photos to load DAH!! too slow (my brain)   But please go and check out what you can do to help.

O.K. so I hear you asking why a laundry? I had the same question until I read why. All the soldiers gear goes in the laundry bag and everything YEAH bag and all goes into the washing machine and then the drier. WAIT FOR IT there's more ****** it gets lost. Pprobably because all issued laundry bags are white navy or green.

I'm going to quilting tonight and I'm at least going to cut out a LAUNDRY BAG  or two .

I'll update when I return home after 9pm.

 edit didn't find any suitable fabric in the donation cupboards. I'll try a couple other sources and visit the shops tomorrow.
Terry

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great idea! I'm off to check out the link...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Fantastic idea Terry!

Sue-Anne said...

Isn't it a great idea! Nic will be over there next year so I am going to make him and his mates a different one each. I am currently on the lookout for some funky fabric for them all.