Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day Design Wall


DH helped me with a design wall on Valentines Day. Couldn't have asked for a better present. Yippee!!

It all started the day before as I stitched



and cut and stitched some more , followed by lots of pressing




all the parts for a little girls quilt  Complete with some pretty pink hearts for the day

Wayne being the sweetie he is   (ssh he doesn't think so but I know).  took me out to dinner for a birthday treat.

Home again I laid out the quilt. That's where the trouble started.



All laid out ready to assemble in the morning. Now this is where the need for a design wall had suddenly become URGENT. The squares are small 6" and not very many of them but by the time I had finished laying them out my _ _ _ _ _ _ knees were screaming. How was i ever going to be able to assemble this little top with multiple bending and assembling the next day. Ah well bed time . Worry about it tomorrow.

Tomorrow {enter husband with solution} a piece of dowel rod with Velcro attached. A flannel sheet with Velcro attached.  2 nails in the top of old brown cupboards and instant design wall.

Yeah Yeah Yeah. lots of hugs and much easier.



assembled and on the DESIGN WALL waiting for a border.

But wait there's MORE




4 more scrappy trip blocks



next to my first 4 blocks on the design wall.

Great beginning to a new week. Hope you all have a good week .

Enjoy your week Terry

7 comments:

Jane said...

I use the floor, but you can get a much better idea of how a quilt looks when it is up on the wall. Great gift

ria vogelzang said...

I can see who is loving her new Design Wall......!!!! :))
WOW! What a lovely girlish quilt and those yummie trip around the world-blocks (just like Bonnie Hunters ones....)!!
And ofcourse your DH won the day!!!
APPLAUSE!!!!
I really like it when the hubbie has such great ideas! Don't you?!
Love, and a huge hug, Ria.

Nat Palaskas said...

Oh what a great designer wall. Send him over and make me one please? Your Trip blocks are coming along nicely - Love
Nat

Sue-Anne said...

What a good husband you have there Terry! The quilt looks good too.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Design Walls are the best!!! That is an excellent Valentines present! You'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Your quilt is such beautiful colours and your scrappy trip blocks are fabulous!! I hope your knees are better now. Happy Birthday!!

kaiteM said...

what a lovely hubby to come up with that idea. I also had to make a design wall this week for mum's quilt. Anne Marie told me to go and buy 2 polystyrene sheets and tape them together, which i did. So mine is now 4ft x 6ft and moveable, and pinnable. Yay, works well.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Your Designer Wall is perfect Terry...lucky you. Lots of designs coming up now I reckon! xo