Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Miles to Go.......

The line from Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening  a Robert Frost poem captures my past week of stitching.
I have spent hours and hours quilting miles and miles. My piece for the architecture challenge at 15minutesplay.com .


A detail of the stitching

 

I now acknowledge that black is hard to stitch on and even more difficult to photograph.


  The quilt is sideways to show the miles and directions of the stitching.




The Train Station in this photo the color and proportion is correct but the stitching is not as clear.

I learned a lot about quilting with a walking foot for this challenge. Now time to develop this burgeoning relationship with my new friend the walking foot. I'm thinking any color other than black or navy would be much kinder to my eyes.

Off to tidy the sewing space
sort fabric
 
reorganize the stash
 
decide weather to complete a work in progress
 
or
 
start on something new
 
 
 
What are you doing ? Maybe I could do a bit of both . 
 
Terry

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love the strength of this quilt!! Black on black is hard on the eyes but your quilting looks wonderful and great adds texture to the negative space. I think you could do a bit of both. Finish something and start something...