Friday, January 10, 2014

Long and short


The holiday season has been short on crafting but looooong on planning. Sometimes I just need to step back and find a quiet space to move forward.

While stepping back gentle crochet  soothed the need to make.







Focusing on a completely new style of instructions was challenging and fulfilled the need to make something.  The embellished stars and little lacy ones are small enough provide quick results. Tutorial at attic 24

The thinking time has enabled me to find a mind set for the up coming months. 6  weeks of hydro therapy exercise in preparation for knee replacement. Following the surgery there will be lots more physio. I know there will be limitations on my machine stitching so part of the plan is to focus on the applique and hexagons already started.


The spinning wheel has returned to the lists of active fibre pursuits. GD the talented  took a single lesson to spin a thread. No mean feat!! I'm a happy Grama to have a friend to share my crafty skills with. LOVE.....

Mapping out some personal goals has done wonders for my mojo. I'll let you know where the mojo and the muse take me.

Enjoy your weekend.  Terry

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your crochet stars!! I'm sorry to hear you're having a knee replacement but it's great youre doing preparation and you'll be glad to have a new super knee. Spinning is such a magical thing to do, when I was young it would amaze me how a woolly fluff could be turned into yarn. It's really wonderful that you can share that with your grand daughter.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I wish you all the best for your knee replacement Terry...good on you for doing all that prep. How cool that your god is spinning!