Monday, December 29, 2014

Relaxed


Yes today has been a perfectly relaxed post holiday sort of day. The household chores are up to date or at least they can wait.


While DH Wayne mowed the lawn I managed to  complete a trial block for the mystery quilt. My precision piecing has improved following all the tips Bonnie Hunter  shares.

I had stitched and and pressed a batch of the 4 patch strips ready to cut into pairs for sewing

When

DH surprised me by suggesting cafe lunch.  He googled and found a couple possibilities while I changed. A short road trip and we a deck of 5 restaurants nestled in the back of some corporate buildings. We choose a Thai restaurant over looking a small lake and fountain. The food was yummy , the venue pleasant and the company great. This girl couldn't ask for more.



Matching up pairs of 4 patch strips.


A happy session of matching and cutting strip sets ready for chain piecing tomorrow.

Hope you are enjoying the easy time between Christmas and New Year. Time to reflect on the past year and anticipate the coming of the new year.

Enjoy  Terry



2 comments:

Vireya said...

I'd drop my rotary cutter at the offer of a Thai restaurant, too!

It looks like you have a nice variety of green fabrics for this clue.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your lunch out with Wayne sounds wonderful. What a fun thing to do. The quilt is coming along, it's such a great feeling when piecing goes together well, it's wonderful of Bonnie to give lots of tips along the way. I really should follow along with one of her QALs one day.