Friday, June 19, 2015

Hexagon Suprise







These novelty print hexies are part of an unexpected but wonderful gift from Rachel at Blue Mountain Daisy
bluemountaindaisy.blogspot.com.au



A talented quilter and blogger that has been keeping me in touch with the quilting world during recent times.

The wonderful Dilly Bag came with the gift of scraps.



All of these treasures will be added to the hexagon sample tin.



My collection of 1" hexies all different fabrics. Covering the papers started a few years ago when my hands needed a task. I don't remember if there was a project but now it is just a collection of fabric samples.

The colorful rows remind me of lollies.  Full of promise. Some of the samples have personal memories and others are shared from friends and family.

Now a gift from a fellow quilter who's style is modern with a twist of traditional has returned my interest to the box of hexies.

I shall start covering papers and delight in the color and diversity of the prints being added to the sample tin.

Meanwhile stop over at Rachel's and enjoy her beautiful winning entry in the Sydney Quilt Show.

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's fun to see all your hexies in a that fun box. They Do look like yummy sweets all put neatly in rows. I'm happy you liked my little scraps and surprise gift. Happy hexie sewing!